From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:26:40 -0500
Just thought I'd pass this along.
the four states qrp club has a device called the tennadipper.  THis is
essentially a tunable oscillator wired to a wheatstone bridge set for 50
ohms, connected to an led.
It also incorporates cw freq readout.  The idea is that you hook it to
either an antenna or the rig side of a tuner.  then you set the freq for
where you wish to operate, and tune the tuner until the led goes out.
Alternatively, you should be able to attach it to an antenna, and tune the
oscilator until the light goes out.  This will give you the resonant point
for your antenna.
I am working on designing a vco with pitch controled by the voltage to the
led.  You then would tune for lowest pitch.

cost is $25.00.  Might make a poor man's antenna analyzer.
check http://www.4sqrp.com for further information.

I hope it is still available.

Also check the Arizona sqrpions web site for the singer stinger.
THis is a cw readout freq counter supposedly good up to around 2 meters.
I have one, but haven't mastered its use yet.
Will report back as I get better.  Need to check my ts2000, as it appears
to have drifted about 260 hz low on 2m upper sideband.
Just noticed this last week.  Need to try the counter and see if my "by the
ears" guess is correct.

Hope this helps someone.