From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2012 01:45:55 -0400
Hi Junior,
I've got a Millennium QSYR which I use with my IC-703+ (identical to your
IC-706 in all important respects for this discussion). If the QSYR "locks
up," not producing a beep when a key is pressed, momentarily tapping the
reset button recessed within the small hole on the left side of the keypad
housing will perform a reset, without wiping the parameters you've set and
will return the unit to normal operation. Gary is also right, if you're not
getting a response from the radio but you are hearing the beep when keys are
pressed, reset the CiV and, if necessary the baud rate for your radio. A
double whammy may have occurred since you've replaced the battery. when you
replaced the battery, the parameters you set for the Icom were lost, then
the unit locked up, producing no beep at key press. If this is the case,
resetting with the momentary tap of the reset button will restore the keypad
to normal operation but the "fix" will appear to be unsuccessful because the
parameters for the Icom will also need to be set after the keypad is reset.

This is a long, kind of rambling answer, and I apologize, but I hope the
info is helpful and clear enough.

73

Ron Miller
N6MSA