From:
Brett Winches <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:51:49 -0600
Butch.  Jerry Foster was the ham in question.  I bet Greenwood and
Johnson were behind the no antenna rules.  I had heard that wires were
often dropped out of the   north side of the Old school house that was
next to the new library or was that after your term there?

At any rate in 69 some more of us got tickets due again to Jerry and the
Jay hawk ARC  and we had donated a BC348 receiver eventually an SX 111
and DX40B.  We also had an SFB audible tuning aid and either the school
or another donation bought an 18avq  which was placed on the roof of the
Admin Building with god knows how much rg8 which ran down to the
Teacher's Lounge in the west end of the Basement.  I only made one
contact from that station the night before I was to leave for Idaho
WA0WPX I think (will need to check the cards at home) and the rest of
the group ran interference with Greenwood while I finished the contact
after lights out.  Real repressave and also likely not a good way for me
to grow to like cw either.

I think they have had slightly better success at keeping a station since
but have no details.

Brett KD7JN