From:
"John J. Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:24:01 -0700
HI John.  I also got a great deal on one of those, it was given to me.
It is actually pretty friendly, as there are no menus to worry about,
other than the PL.  Here is what I know about the keypad.  If you come up
with a manual, I would also be interested.

Keys across the top are:
Call, Band, Band mute, May not be the correct name, but that is what it
does, and Reverse.

The rest of the keypad is the tipical 16 button keypad, with the
following functions for the a, b, c, d, star and pound.

A. Up Arrow.
B. Down arrow.
C. Repeat, Togals between Plus, Minus and Simplex.
D. Function.
Star. Memory recall.
Pounds. V f o, Togals between V F O 1 and V F O2.

Secondary functions, I E function of the given key, with the function key
pressed first:

Call,  Audo Dial.
1.  PL, Togals between PL Encode, Encode/Decode and Non.
2. Tone set.
3. Power, Togals between high and low power, gives a lower double beep
for low power and a higher double beep for high power.
4. Save, not sure of the sequence  of this function, but it is for the
battery save fuction.
5.  A P O, Automatic Power Off, I don't remember if this is a togal, or
if this can be set.
6. Lock, Locks the keypad.
7. Step, Used to set the frequency steps, 5, 10, 12.5, 15, 25 and 50KHz,
I think!
8.  Beep, togals the beep on and off.
9.  PTT lock, Locks the push to talk.

Hope this helps!  Ther more be more that I don't know about, but that
should get her started.  If you or her have any questions, feel free to
contact me at:
or you can give me a call at:
480-671-7912

By the way, I should mention, to enter a frequency, key in the last digit
of the MHz on VHF, followed by the rest of the frequency, E G 7500.  On U
H F, add the 3 or 4 to the beginning of the entry, as the rqadio covers
from 430 to 450 MHz.  If you want extended recieve coverage on VHF, hold
down the up and down arrows, keypad B and C, turn the radio off, and
while still holding the keys down, turn it back on.  This will reset all
of the memories, so you will have to reprogram them, but you will now
have extended recieve on VHF and you will need to enter the second digit
of the MHz, just as you do on U HF, E G, 62.550.

HTH:
JOhn

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!