From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:23:06 -0500
Field day was my first real experience when I became a ham, and ever since,
all 13 years, soon to be 14, field day has been like Christmas to me. I love
it. Some don't like the contest atmosphere of it, but I don't know, I'm not
a contester by a long shot, but I've done field day every year except one
that I've been a ham and that one year it was because my father was rushed
in to the hospital that Saturday morning. I did get on for a half hour
before I got the call but that was it and I wad doing it from home that year
but all the other years, I've done it from club sites, traveled from club to
club, my home, friend's homes and some year I want to do a small field day
site in my backyard or in the woods out back.  It's just so fun.