From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:50:15 -0700
Oh, to make this ham radio related, I came home stoned one night and got on
our teenage midnight frequency to talk to about 8 to 10 friends that gathers
every night on 3997 which we picked so we could be the other side of 3803.
If you are unfamiliar with NaSac on 3815, the big guns on 3830 that faught
with 3815 all the time, and the group I hung out with sometimes on 3803,
you'll have no understanding of what illegal power, QRm and side band wars
and jamming is all about.  What fun it was, too.  Anyhow, a bunch of my
buddies were on 3997 like I said and I was so stoned and high, I could
hardly make the knobs work.  I finally got things working and it took about
5 seconds for everybody to figure out what was happening.  How I didn't lose
my ticket that night, I'll never know.  It was a trip for sure.  We even
started a special award for those, who back in those days, got the most
states confirmed from OOs or Official Obsurbers.  I think I had 13 states
confirmed before I went to college and gave it up.

Phil.
K0NX