From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 2015 13:32:43 -0600
OK.
Delivery failed can mean a couple things:
it can mean that the person you are texting has messenging set to wifi only,
and if they are not in a wifi zone it'll come back undeliverable.  When you
text another IPhone it uses IMessenger which is a peer to peer service that
doesn't use the  cellular messenging network, but data either through your
provider or via wifi.
It could also mean that you have your own messenging set to wifi only and
when you don't have access to the wifi signal the messages aren't going
through and will show delivery failed.
I set my messenging in cellular data to on so that I am not restricted to
wifi when texting.

Another possibility, and I know this one is true, when you text someone who
doesn't have an IPhone and you don't have the full area code, or, if they
are in a different non-local area code, you don't have the 1 in front of the
area code, it will come back undeliverable etc.

SO check under settings and cellular and make sure that messenging is set to
on.
Insure that all your contacts that are outside local area codes have the 1
along with the area code.

When I was in australia I ran into the delivery failed thing allot until I
made these changes...and in that case I had to add country code and a plus
sign in front of the number for international texting.
I also found that if the wireless signal was weak or even if it dropped away
for a second while I was sending the message, the delivery failed would
happen...the IPhone doesn't seem to keep trying, or attempt a resend of the
message once you are back on full wifi signal again...
Anyway, try the 1 thing, and check your messenging settings and see if that
helps.
73
Colin, V A6BKX