From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2016 12:52:04 -0500
Howdy,

Really, it's mostly very usable for programming from the front panel, with a couple of fairly significant exceptions. Namely, knowing whether you're set to high or low power is a problem (because it's a toggle, with no non-visual way to tell which way it's set). Ditto offset direction and whether CTCSS/DCS transmit/receive are on or off. It's possible to get around those things, as I recall, but it's been a while since I've had my hands on the radio. Yes, possible, but by no means ideal. Otherwise though, programming isn't a problem from the front panel. As I recall, the Wouxun software is pretty awful. RT Ssytems software, if it's available, would work great with NVDA, if you don't mind spending the extra $50 or what have you.

Yes, you can connect two together to make a repeater, but the radio on its own *will* crossband repeat, and it does a pretty decent job of it. As I recall, getting into and out of this mode was also not at all difficult.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194