From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:27:50 -0500
Hi,
A couple of weeks ago, I talked to an LG customer service rep about the
Verizon LGVX8300 and making it more accessible.  I was told that LG produces
phones according to specs provided by the phone companies and that even
though LG had recommended improvements to the Verizon line of accessible
phones, Verizon had not authorized these improvements.
The LG rep also mentioned that Sprint was coming out with a very accessible
phone in the next few months, but the model number hasn't been set yet.  He
thought it might be called the V55.  I guess it looks like the LG8500
chocolate phone but instead of being a slide phone, its a flip phone.
Regarding talking gps, first you have to be able to see the screen to
program your destination and then you only get turn by turn directions with
no street names.
One more thing, Verizon Wireless does allow you to use your phone as a modem
with your laptop at know additional charge.  Verizon is the ISP so you don't
need a dial up account, all you have to pay is your regular air time, but
that's not bad if your just checking email.  If your in a broadband enabled
area, you can get 300KB speeds, if not, your stuck with 14.4 kb like an old
dial up modem, but that's better then nothing if you want to access the
internet while traveling.
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype Name: bobtinn
Life is Full of Rewarding Challenges!