From:
Keith Reedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:06:56 -0500
Hello Phil and list,

My Wife got me a Ranger5054DX for last Christmas, so I have used this rig
for about a year.  I use upper side band mostly at 50.125.  The Stinger
Singer is of some help, but mostly I use the ever present birdies on the
band. Once I found out where the birdies are, I can stay pretty well located.

I hope that this will be of some help.

73 Keith-WA9DRO

At 02:47 PM 11/30/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anybody happen to know of any type of a crystal calibrator that is
>available for VHF and UHF frequencies?  I have a six meter radio and so far,
>I have not been able to figure out where I am on the band so I can change
>frequency modes and count the clicks up to where I want to be.  I can use
>memory presets, of course, but the VFO naturally does not begin at a memory
>point.  Anyhow, if anybody has any ideas, let me know.  I am using a ranger
>50 54 DX 100.  It seems to be a pretty nice all mode radio over all for the
>price.  If I had something which put out a tone at exactly 50 MHz and no
>where else, that would be a good reference point from which to begin.  It
>seems to me, if my memory serves me, there used to be a talking frequency
>device which allowed you to transmit and then it scanned until it found your
>transmit frequency and then read it back to you.  Even something like that
>would work fine.
>
>73,
>Phil.
>k0nx
>
>http://www.RedWhiteAndBlue.org

Keith-WA9DRO
God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
Hudson Taylor