From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:24:05 -0800
Hi Collin,
Here is what I got from a fellow named Ted Randal about the Traveler 2010
antenna.

Eric
KU3I
Hello Eric

Thanks a million times for writing.

I want to tell you that the TW2010 control box is very blind friendly.

It has two buttons on it and even though there are L E D indicators when you
tune the radio to the band you wish to operate, then select  the correct
position on the antenna the receiver background comes way up in audio.

So you can press the selector until you get the highest background noise.

Also the 2010 comes with a cable that connects to your radio and it changes
bands with the radio automatically.

That is very cool!

Sunspots are brewing so the 2010 is going to be a great antenna.

I also have a Zep with open wire and a Johnson Matchbox.

HA!  I use the 2010 because I am too lazy to tune and band switch the
Matchbox!

It sure makes operating easy for us lazy guys.

It packs up and goes in the bag in about 5 minutes.

I set mine up in the back yard and have never moved it.

I tried it on the roof of the house but could tell no difference in the way
it performed except.

The crazy thing works great on 2 meters and 440 when in the 10 meter
position.

Then the extra height helps it but it performs the same on the lower bands
regardless of where you put it.

Of course the single band units need no switching .

Sure good to hear from you and I hope I have been of some help.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5921 (20110302) __________

http://www.eset.com