Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:30:13 -0700
I normally don't like to comment here but feel that I need to in this
instance.

I don't know your distance from the repeaters or operating conditions.  I
use an after market 2m, 220 and 440mhz antenna and find it works fine
whether I am on the bus or walking.  One of the repeaters is a fair distance
(40+ miles) and it works fine.  Oh yes, that is a 440mhz repeater and
another at the same site on 220mhz.

Brian, k5in