From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2010 16:07:00 -0400
Hi everyone;
Finally got my ts480 on the air.  Had a bit of trouble with the mb480 but that was probably because I'm all thumbs.  Haven't figured out a number of things but the synthesizer is quite amazing.
Briefly, it looks like there is a menu option to change the volume of the beeps, does this also change the volume of the  cw for ssb am etc.  Is there an option to vary the cw speed of the options that give you info in cw rather than voice?
Secondly, is the "headphone jack" on the right side of the head also usable for an external speaker?  The internal speaker has to go.  Any suggestions concerning a small speaker with decent sound?
Finally are there some other settings to change when listening to am or foreign broadcast?  I'm just getting started with this radio but am just didn't sound right.  Do you have to manually change the band width?
Thanks
Richard