From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2013 19:51:00 -0400
I have a portable generator, it didn't run when I got it and with the rain I
have yet to fix it but it's been diagnosed as a bad float in the carburetor.
It's only a 5KW but we did lose power in the blizzard of 2013 this past
winter and in a trailer, losing power for 36 hours is a nightmare at best.
My generator may not run the whole house and in a trailer park the neighbors
would kill me for running one full time anyway in a storm like that if they
stayed but I figure, I'm told we're so far out on the power grid it doesn't
take a whole lot to lose power out here so at least I have the option and
for the price, I couldn't beat it. Gas won't be cheap but I wouldn't run it
full time, just enough to keep things form freezing.