From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 18:37:20 -0400
very true, that helps also with the solder spreading around in there and making a better connection with the shield. something else I do is with RG-8X where you need the reducer is, that little groove behind the threads and before the part on the end that sticks out a very little bit from the connector, I put solder in that notch, I had 1 of those reducers come loose on me once, if you put solder in there when the connector gets hot it will make very sure that reducer won't come loose.