From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:35:21 -0230
Hi all:

Ordered my new antenna today and I've been thinking about a backup plan, should my FT-450 don't tune my G5RV and the TS-570 does.
Would it be safe to use my MD-100A8X desk mic on the 570?
I've been also thinking that I'd have to unload the FT-450 as it wouldn't be suitable for an HF remote.
I wouldn't install it as a mobile because that would require some more expense, plus it would have to be professionally installed, under the terms of our agreement with our car's company,
plus there isn't much room for the 450 in the car.
I hope it doesn't come to that because I love the 450 and having tested it for almost a year now, I think for the price, its one of the best performing rigs in its class.
It out performs the 570 as well. Course, the 570's DSP system is 10 year old technology, which is why the 590 was released last year.
It probably performs better than the FT-450 but its also twice as much.

73:

Michael De VO1RYN