From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2012 22:41:30 -0600
I use mine every day.  It's my go to, number one HT right now.
Using the j0125A antenna it exclusively as well.
The high dollar kenwood and icoms are collecting dust at the moment.
Of course if I need 220MHZ on an HT, or 6M on an HT, or for some unknown
reason require the HF bands on an HT, they are still ready to go lol.
Now that you understand the programming, you can always do a full reset and
clear everything to start fresh with regard to the rx ctcss tones.
If you do a reset, don't forget to do the following:
set menu 7 to 0 off this is the dual stand by on off setting
Set menus 35, 36 37 and 38 to 0 off.  These are all to do with squelch tail
and repeater tail elimination and are a pain in the ass for the average ham
operator.
These are all turned back on by default with a full reset.
However, menus 10 through 13 are reset to off so you can start fresh with
those.
Also, bear in mind, that what ever power setting you had set in menu 2 will
be programmed into your channels.  Using the star key, or the key right
beside the 9 key will toggle between high and low while in channel
mode...for instance, if you have all your channels programmed with high
power, hitting this key while in a channel will switch to low power...the
power is reset back to the programmed state when you switch channels or turn
the rig off and back on or if you switch from channel mode to frequency mode
etc.

73
Colin, V A6BKX