From:
KK4AHX Darren Duff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:31:51 -0400
That's kind of a neat safety feature.

73's.

Darren Duff.

amateur radio station KK4AHX.

Cherokee Amateur Radio Society.

http://www.cherokeehams.com

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Richard Fiorello
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ht burning out

Hi;
Never heard of an ht burning out but my ict90 does get very hot when run
from a reliable power source with their "filter" which reduces the voltage.
What I did find is that if the radio overheats it automatically shuts off
and stays that way until it gets cooler.  Not sure if the shut off time is
based on temperature or just set for a particular time.
--
richard

_____________ NOD32 EMON 5975 (20110322) information _____________

_____________ NOD32 EMON 5975 (20110322) information _____________