From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:58:47 -0500
that doesn't need the ground plain, I have the same antenna but with the uhf
connector, mainly because that's what was in stock when I bought it but
anyway, that doesn't need it. I ran mine on a trunk mount, insulated from
the actual trunk of the car, and it didn't leave marks. It's not on the
current car because the current one won't last long but the next car, I'm
putting that back on.