From:
Bob Humbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 03:13:03 -0800
Hi Lowell,

When I think of a vertical antenna I think of a kind of wip antenna such as
you have on a car.  However, something much more directional seems to be a
more practical way to go.  Years ago, in the 1960's when CB was king and
smoky was the bad guy a friend had an antenna that consisted of 3 vertical
parts, elements I suppose, and he could use any of the 3 as the radiating
element and the other 2 as reflectering elements.  It had a very small
footprint.  Yard space is very limited and I suppose I am going to have to
go to the chimney so I'm just in the thinking stage of how to get the most
bang for the buck.

Thanks for the welcome.  I plan to take the exam one week from today and if
my results from taking practice exams on
www.qrz.com
is any indicator I shouldn't have any problem.  I consistently score in the
eighties taking the hits for not seeing the drawings and for not memorizing
the frequency chart.  But I'm rambling

73

  Bob Humbert