From:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:42:39 -0800
I can't ever recall getting any message containing a virus from this or
any other stjohns.edu list.

I really think simply banning list traffic is not addressing the
problem as others have also suggested.  I've gotten messages with
viruses, but almost always from individuals who had me in their
addressbooks either with or without my knowledge and the infected
messages came from there.  I also use Norton Antivirus 2000 here and
it's flagged many a message over the last year or two.

Realistically, the only one can be protected from a virus is to have a
good virus checker and keep up the virus definition files.

It really gets down to the fact that its each persons responsibility to
keep their  system virus free and protected.  Anything less is just
dealing with each individual symptom and failing to address or handle
the real problem.

Don