Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:32:41 -0400
I didn't reply before because this is clearly OT, so those not interested
just hit delete.

My wife and I are both blind, and there is no real issues raising kids,
other than the normal parenting stuff.  We did join groups; we had some
support i.e. people would drive our kids to soccer or football.  I managed
to purloin a beep softball that I used to do pitch and toss with my kids.  I
also had a basketball with bells in it so I could play basketball in the
drive with them; I occasionally could get a basket.

There are always ways to adapt and work things out.  The main thing is don't
stress out about parenting.  Everyone wishes they'd done a few things
differently.  The main thing is to use common sense, childproof your house
as much as you can and just love them in the best way you can.

If you are well-adapted as a blind person, you will find ways to interact
with them and if they are interested in sports, you can always find people
to help them with some of the specific technique issues.

Steve, K8SP