From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2014 12:56:00 -0500
Joe Et Al,

For anyone who is interested in becoming a ham and wants to study to take
their first ham test, or for those of you who want to up-grade from your
current license class to a higher one, I recommend you give serious
consideration to the following site and study materials and practice exams.
These materials are accessible with our screen reading programs, and the
cost is very minimal. Here is the website URL and some information about
their accessibility; check it out for yourself:

https://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/

Here's what they say in their FAQs about the accessibility of their
materials:

.	If you are blind, you can request an exam that excludes questions
with figures.  On the My options screen, uncheck the Include questions with
figures option.  This removes questions with figures from both Study mode
and our practice exams.
.	Those who have trouble reading small text will appreciate that we
respect the browser's Text Size setting.  Each browser is different, but
most of them have a Text Size or Zoom control on their View menu.  In
addition, if your mouse has a scroll wheel, your browser may let you change
the text size by turning the scroll wheel while holding down the Ctrl
button.
.	Those who have trouble precisely manipulating the mouse will
appreciate that you don't have to maneuver the cursor into the tiny circle.
We let you click anywhere on the answer text, a much bigger area.  Also, it
only takes a single click to answer the question and advance to the next.
.	Those with memory problems will appreciate that our intelligent
repetition algorithm adapts to your learning speed and repeats questions as
often as necessary to make sure you learn everything.
.	Those with Attention Deficit Disorder will appreciate that our
software teaches through active learning to keep you focused and engaged.

They reported to me that they have had blind students who have had success
using their courses with their screen reading programs. I tested the
accessibility of their materials myself and found them to be very
accessible, easy to understand, succinct, yet, reasonably thorough.

Ron, K8HSY

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman
Retired Professor of Marketing

President: Millitronics, Inc. (millitronics.biz)
President: South Central Kentucky Council of the Blind (SCKCB.ORG)