From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:08:05 -0500
Yaesu never did care about accessibility, the 847 was a 1 off try at it and
had a lot of problems, and now they have the ft-450 which took one of my
sighted friends, with the manual almost 3 hours to figure out how to turn
the voice read out on at a special event so I could use the radio and I
still did not like the radio at all. The RIT/XIT knob on my ts-2000 is about
the size of the tuning dial on the FT-450, even the IC-706 has a bigger dial
than that. I was far from impressed. Sadly that's what a lot of the hospital
EOC's have in this area of the state, I suppose if you're not tuning around
it's OK, but I'd hate to have to sit there tuning around with it.