From:
Brett Winches <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:36:56 -0600
No.  the number in the Astron model number refers to the maximum power
(I think peak) that it will deliver.  If your rig actually needs less it
will draw less.  The higher output may come in handy if you want to put
another rig or a power amp on the Kenwood.  I run both my 2/70 m/cm rig
and my hf rig on an Astron 20 am supply  and may put together a dc cord
for my scanner though I do not need it in the future.  The draw back is
that if you are using a set up like mine, I cannot run both rigs in
different locations at the same time.

Thank you!

Brett Winchester - Reading and volunteer Services
IDAHO COMMISSION F/T BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED
P O BOX 83720
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208.334.3220.104