From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:45:54 -0500
The identification rules are the same, in or out of a contest. Contesters
will do the minimum to comply, in order to achieve high QSO rates. So you
can answer a CQ with only your call, and it is implied that someone
monitoring the frequency could figure out who you are working. I have found,
that sometimes in the heat of search and pounce in a contest, that when I
answer someone's CQ there may be two stations that think I am answering
them. In those cases, or if I think this is likely to happen, I send both
the call sign of one of the stations and mine when answering the CQ. But in
a contest, on phone or CW, I tend to make things rather snappy, and can
sometimes work more than one station per minute while cruising up the band
on phone or CW.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com