From:
Lowell Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:08:50 -0500
Hi Richard:
No, I have not really talked to any one with the counterpoise kit accept a
couple of guys who had them roof mounted.
I was not impressed with the results.
I still would ground mount the antenna and run several radials of randum
length in that little space you have.
As long as the antenna does not come in contact with the tree, I think you
will be surprised just how well it will work!
My antenna is only 8 or 9 feet from the side of our brick house and I did
have a large tree on the other side of it and it worked great.
The big tree is gone now and I do not see any difference.
Richard, I say, "GO FOR IT!"
I hope this helps.
73
Lowell  W8QIY