From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 2010 15:20:06 -0400
This may be a bit far fetched but I'm going to toss out this idea for the group to at least comment on, positively, negatively etc.

In terms of making the radio more accessible I would like to propose a few ideas.

1. Attempt to work through Ed the Wouxun us dealer to get a commitment from the Wouxun corporation as to an exact amount of radios that can be ordered wholesale via it's dealer network in the us that will facilitate a manufacturing run with accessibility improvements.  This commitment on behalf of Wouxun should be firm.

2. Obtain a firm commitment on behalf of perspective people who are willing to step up to the plate and order such a radio if it is produced.

3.  Place all funds to order a bulk shipment of these radio's in an escrow account with a reputable bank.  The funds will only be released if the radios are in hand with all the accessibility improvements working.

3.  If the run would be let's say 1,000 units maybe it's doable.

4.  After the first run is made it would be a simple matter to build future accessibility into future runs of this radio as the work on software, hardware, etc will already have been done.

Far fetched maybe? possible? maybe? with a little work and commitment.  Feel free to shoot this idea down.  I want to hear positive and negative comments, ideas for improvements, changes and anything else related to the topic  Or am I crazy., your thoughts are appreciated.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM