From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2012 10:15:11 -0800
Hi Ron,
Glad to see you are back again.

Hope your portable antenna situation is not discouraging.

I have now two of the Lex loops the Walkham and the bigger one that I'm
trying to see if I can get some help putting together.

I brought my Icom IC703 to a convention last fall near Harrisburg and hear a
lot on ten meters but made no contacts.

I'm using the Mfj 1899T multi-band whip antenna with a Joey tripod and
counterpoise system.

I'm still figuring out how to turn up the speech board on the Icom but have
no idea how to do that.

I've been told it can be done from a menu or that I have to take the whole
radio apart and turn up a pot somewhere on the speech board.
I have to turn down the squelch
to be able to hear the speech board.

I've read the Icom manual and that's of absolutely no help.

Buddy Brannan has a British-made magnetic loop antenna that I 've seen and
probably works quite well.

Welcome back,

73,

Eric