From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 13:37:40 -0700
Hello all:

I recently bought a Kenwood TS480SAT from a friend for $700.  My friend had
purchased the radio new, just to see if he liked it or not, and didn't end
up using it for more than 3 or 4 hours max when he decided that he could
live without it.  It was literally as good as new.  He already had a brand
new Icom 7600, a new Flex 6700, a new Kenwood TS590, and about 25 older
transceivers, many of which were hybrids that he had purchased on the
Internet and completely refurbished.
My guess is that $700 for the TS480SAT might be lower than fair market
value, but deals like this can be found if you are willing to shop
carefully, and if you aren't in a hurry to buy.

HTH

Alan/KD7GC

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ