From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 19:48:25 -0500
While I was in high school, my bedside radio was a crystal set that my dad
and I built. It had a 1n34 diode as the detector and a tapped coil that we
wound  on a wooden form plus 2 variable capacitors. We were close enough to
the philly transmitters that I could receive WFIL with no problem. since it
was broad as a barn door, the fidelity was terific,even on AM.
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations
Messages On-hold: