Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:33:10 -0600

MIke Freeman wrote:
   >And these multiband radios have broad front-ends of necessity.
   >Mike Freeman
Right!  REmember when folks used to rave about the HTx-202 and 404 for
their good unwanted signal rejection.  THen otoh they'd want to open
up the receiver.

THe old answer in the fidonet ham_radio echo was "get a good multiband
scanner ans some duck tape."

Proceed then by taping the two radios together <g>.

I've been using an old ICom 404 for the local uhf machine lately and
its got good intermod rejection.  Need to add a toneboard to it, but
still no memories.  sTill it's a robust and fairly heavy ht.  I've
still got a 2at around here somewhere as well as a zero two.
My Kenwood 71a doesn't do too bad for unwanted signal rejection, but
then it isn't as broadbanded as the neweer rig in this topic.

Btw seee if any of the local machines you frequent transmit a ctcss
tone.  yOu can set receive for this and quiet things down a bunch <g>.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania

Braille:  support true literacy for the blind!