From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:46:13 -0700
Hi Danny, The matchbox is included with 20 feet of coax that you
attach of the bottom of the whip.  Then you nethe an additional
20 or 25 feet of coax to go from the matchbox to your rig.
Evidently, there is no tuning involved like sliding coils etc.
The whip is 13 feet long but I understand they make other
versions with longer whips.  The one I am talking about, The
Alpha 1, can handle a 45 MPH wind load, so I guess you could
manually retract it if the wind came up.  The place is in MO.
and the number is  888 482-3249 for the Alpha 1 antenna.  Jim
WA6EKS