From:
Bud Schwab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:54:28 -0700
Hi Christopher,

I think that would be a good thing to have a list of echolink users from
this list.  If you decide to make up one my call is w 6 z y p
I got this call back in the late 40's and then lost it  some time in the
sixties and had to take another call which I didn't like but I let the
original one lapse without knowing it.  Anyway when the vanity calls came
available I was able to get my original call again.  I agree about not
knowing where anybody is from by their calls these days, but I guess that's
the way it is now and we can't change it.
Thanks for your offer to make up the list.

Bud Schwab

>Ray,
>I'm just getting started with echolink and would love to have a favorites
>list of the blind-hams who use it.  My memory isn't what it once was, and
>by the time I get into echolink, I've forgotten what callsign to go after.
>
>I became a ham back in the mid 60's when things were simple.  First of all,
>the number in the callsign meant something.  Where Ilive, everyone had a 1
>in their call. Now I could have a k6 living next door to me.  The second
>issue is the vanity thing.  Yes, I thought I'd be cute and get one before
>they were all taken.  But I suppose I could change it again and no one
>would recognize me for a while.
>
>So, in some sense, callsigns are like email addresses (here today,
>somewhere else next week).
>
>Actually, I be happy to compose a favorites list and post it for everyone's
>benefit.  What I would need is a list of echolink users.  If folks are
>interested, email your call signs either privately or to the list.
>
>Hope to get on echolink soon.
>
>73 chris w1gm

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P