From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2011 21:11:44 -0500
it sound slike ou have your agc turned off  in addition to a menu wher eou can select the speech in 10 steps  function 8 turns it completely off.  make sure tha tyou havn't turned it off by hitting function 8 and see if that helps  if not you can turn down your agc to slow that will definately help also unles syou have a reason to do it  leave your preamp on and attenuator off  that's how the radio was designed to operate  on most bands