From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:35:30 -0600
when I bought my netbook, it had IE 6 and outlook express 6 installed, and I
noted that outlook didn't have a spell checker as it does with previous
versions.
I don't have any of the MS office suite programs, which will place a spell
checker into OE6.
So I found the fix for this issue.
if anyone is experiencing the same problems, you can download the outlook
express 2.1 spell checker, which will work fine with any version of outlook.
you can download the small file from here:

close outlook express if it is open, run the exe file, then reopen
outlook...the spell check is magically back and fully operational.
Very nice since I've been without a spell checker in outlook express for
over a year now.

Just thought in case anyone else has had difficulty finding a fix for this,
that I would post my solution.

73
Colin, V A6BS