BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Csapo Endre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:57:40 +0200
Dear list members,

I am a hungarian blind programmer.
In the near future I will become a regular member of your listing,
because as hobby, I often make programs for
our hungarian blind users, and as so,
I in all certainity will need of some help
from Your part.
Now, I would get only a little but very important for us,
hungarian blind computer users information.
In Hungary in the last year many of my friends
had bought Sound Blaster 16 card with FM radio.
Unfortunately it has only Windows'95 user interface,
and in my country the blind use of the Windows system begun in the last month due
the fact, that we had no to this time hungarian speech access to
the windows.
Now we have a new version of the text-to-speech software of
our most popular but very particular hungarian speech
synthetizer Brailab PC, and with the
use of some windows screen reader softwares, as Window Eyes we just
are learning the Windows.
Most of our users prefer using DOS.
And we absolutely can not use this FM radio possibility of
the above mentioned sound card.
I've decided to write a DOS-based program to
this radio, as one of my favourite area of programming is
the sound card programming.
The problem is, that nowhere I had found any port level programming
information of this FM radio chip.
If anybody has some programming information in this deal, please
send me it in a personaol E-mail to the
address:
It would be an invaluable help for the hungarian
blind computer and sound card user community!

With best-wishes:

Endre (Andrew) Csapo.