BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rev Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 00:47:30 -0500
Hi Maggie and All,

I live in the northern part San Diego county CA.  I am the long time County
rep appointed by the County board of Supervisors to our transit system TPAC
committee. Our transit system covers all of the northern half of the county
plus goes into San Diego and LA metro areas. The end of this week our
system will under go a major change to routes and schedules.  There has
been no training for "US" and I am concerned that many will not be able to
get to school, to work or do the shopping they used to do. It will in
affect cause them to be "housebound" or dependent on others to drive them.
I tried to tell the "powers that be", but bo one was interested.  It may
take a law suit or court order to wake them up.

If I can share any unfo that will help you please let me know.

Pete