BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:09:43 -0000
Hello Listers,

As several people have asked me to keep them up to date on
any
new manuals I might write, I should like to make everyone
aware
of a new from the keyboard tutorial which I have just
completed.
It is to do with many different types of sound playing,
copying,
converting, sound editing, and so forth.

The tutorial has 18 main sections, around 160 sub-sections
and
just under 43,000 words. A list of the main
headings/software
covered is given below. If this sort of thing
does not interest you, please accept my apologies at this
stage
and just press your delete key.

The tutorial is available as a plain ASCII text file for 28
US
dollars.

Would any interested persons, please contact me on:

Phone: 0113 2575957 (from the UK)

Phone: 01144 113 2575957 (from the US)

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Best regards,
John Wilson.

                           ********

                  AUDIO PLAYING, COPYING AND
                SOUND EDITING FROM THE KEYBOARD

                              BY

                          JOHN WILSON

                    Copyright February 2001
                      All Rights Reserved

Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Types of CD Drives and Disks
Section 3: Installing an Internal CD Drive
Section 4: Basic Compact Disk Music Playing Directly from
the CD
Drive
Section 5: Windows CD Player
Section 6: Sound Cards and Windows Volume Control
Section 7: Windows Media Player 6
Section 8: RealPlayer Basic 8
Section 9: What are MP3 Files and Where can they be
Downloaded
From?
Section 10: Winamp Version 2.72
Section 11: Quick and Easy Method of Playing MP3s
Section 12: Using Stand-Alone Encoders to Create MP3 and
other
Audio Files
Section 13: The MP3 File Context Menu
Section 14: Adaptec Easy CD copier
Section 15: Adaptec Easy CD Creator Standard
Section 16: Adaptec Direct CD CD Disk formatter Version 2.5D
Section 17: Windows Sound Recorder with JFW
Section 18: Sound forge XP

A full copy of the Table of Contents can be e-mailed to any
interested persons.