BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:04:56 -0400
To whom it may concern,

To begin with a Tropical warm Hello and I hope not to take up much of your
busy time corresponding to my petition.

I address you some urgency. Allow me to briefly explain...

I am a young artist from Venezuela who is the interim of my creative daily
work took the time to create/invent a Universal Chromatic Code for the
Blind (Codigo
Cromatico para Invidentes - CCI). It is currently under patenting
procedures (since Feb. 1.997) and since that time, I have presented it to a
prestigious museum here in Caracas, with whom I will -hopefully- be working
along with the Braille Dept of it soon, as well as an inventions Expo
carried out biannually by the Eureka Foundation (the code has been accepted
to participate in the exhibition to take place this coming November).
Further, I will be presenting it to the 1.997 Rolex Enterprise Awards in
Switzerland (competition of individual inventions in pro of improving the
life of everyone). Yet, I believe it is not enough, thus my plea for help.
If the code turns out to be practical -which I am convince it will- as I
mentioned before, it should be a universal one...

PETITION:
-Are you intersted to 'try out' the code?
-Is it possible to obtain some sort of list of the main blind organisations
around the world which I might be able to contact (preferably via e-mail)?.
-Have you access to a particular list of
people/friends/organisations/research
centres linked with blind groups who will be willing to
impartial/objectively evaluate the code & who will be interested in "giving
me a hand (e.g. simultaneous 'testing')"?.
-As always, needing funding ... any thoughts on that one?.
-Give in Legacy the invention in order to 'protect it'?
-Help in patenting the code internationally (very expensive transaction...)
-Awareness Expos, etc. carried out overseas to benefit the blind
communities...?
-Any publications, etc. linked with various blind communities to
promote/narrated about the code?
-And basically anything you can think of ...
-Further, as of yet I have to find out if anything close to my invention
exists, do you? ...

[Please, keep in mind a certain degree of discretion since I've strongly
been recommended (Law firm,lawyers, etc.) to 'watch my back' (plagiarism,
etc.)].

Well, sorry to 'bombard you' with my dilemma/petition, yet I believe that
you could greatly help my out to orientated my efforts.

With no further comment but to apologise for interrupting your busy
schedule, and hoping to hear from you soon,

Your sincerely,
Carlos J. Gordo Ramas

PS: Many thanks ...