BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Teri Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:54:52 -0400
Hi.  My name is Teri Brown.  I am the the Adaptive Technology
Coordinator at
University of Georgia. We currently support WinEyes and JAWS in our
Adaptive
Technology Resource Center.  I have yet to discover a student who
prefers WinEyes
over JAWS.  We have had many students enter our department that have
never used
either one.  We expose both of them to the student to let them decide
which one
they feel more comfortable with and the decision so far has always been
JAWS.

--
Teri Brown
Adaptive Technology Coordinator