BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Maggie Wojcicki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:26:24 +0000
I was just wondering if anyone on this list has information on Blind Transit
System Users that could answer the following questions:

1. How often do you travel?

2. Where do you travel to? (job or recreation)

3. What method do you use to travel?

4. If you're in Ontario, what transit system to do you use? (TTC, GO, a
local bus service).

5. Do you feel limited as to the locations you can travel to at the moment?

6. Is there anything that is in your way or problematic when you use
transit?

7. Would it be a problem to hold something in your free hand occasionally?

8. Do you think guiding through audio messages would be enough to help you?

9.  Are you comfortable with using transit?  If not, why?

I'm just asking these questions because I'm working on a design project for
a university course.  There is no profit and it is completely optional for
you to answer these questions.

Thanks very much,
Maggie

If you have any questions of your own or comments please send them to me at