BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dr-Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 20:21:21 -0700
CE Disabled Services

Volunteers for research project needed.

Our research group is preparing some questionaire
materials on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.  The
purpose of our research is to document the incidence
of PTSD among those with disabilities.  We shall also
identify those cases not already diagnosed and those
that may have been misdiagnosed. PTSD can have a
major negative impact on an individuals education,
employment and interpersonal relationships.

We have prepared a questionaire  that can be given to
a wide variety of people with disabilities in order to
compare the information content.  It is crucial that we
include a statistically significant number and variety of
individuals with a variety of disabilities in this study.
The entire time for the questionnaire  should not be much
more than an hour.  We anticipate one,  possibly two
follow-up questionaires that build on what we learn from
the first questionaire .

All of the information that you provide will be strictly
confidential . To ensure confidentiality, your name will
be removed and your responses will be assigned a
case number for research purposes. Individual questionaire
results will not be made public.  If you feel that there are
questions or areas which were not covered, you may
add that data to your questionaire .

It is our intent to analyze questionaire  results and publish
statistical information from the study.  We expect to
administer the questionaire in October or November, but
need to know soon whether we can expect a sizeable
group of volunteers.  We are particularly eager to have
volunteers with a wide variety of disabilities.

Please E-mail me at [log in to unmask]  or send a letter
to the address below if you are willing to volunteer.  We will
send a 12 page questionaire that is to be used in the project.
Please assist us and post this notice to other disabled lists,
websites, bulletin boards, newsletters, magazines, clubs,
organizations or friends.

Thank You.

Dr Clyde Shideler
Director