BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean Jordaan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:25:49 +200
> I believe you will find significant advantages with Home Page Reader over
> using a screen reader and a graphical browser.

For what it's worth: the mentioned advantages all fit Emacspeak as
well, and Emacspeak is free. One additional advantage: with Emacspeak
you can do everything that Emacs can do, which is considerably more
than web-browsing.

Homepage:
http://simon.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/emacspeak/emacspeak.html

Download: ftp://ftp.cs.cornell.edu/pub/raman/emacspeak
Search the mailinglist: http://www.cs.vassar.edu/search.html
Author (TV Raman): http://simon.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
Article Dr. Dobbs' Journal by the author:
http://www.ddj.com/editorial/1997/raman.htm