AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marti Goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:04:08 -0800
Hello all!
We have audible signals in our elevators at the Main Library (San Francisco
Public Library). I don't believe we have ever had complaints. We have
received: some amused comments about the tone of the voice; some
suggestions that the messages be made longer, announcing service desks on
each floor; and, positive feedback from library users who are blind or have
low vision.
Marti
.At 11:02 AM 3/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>        We are thinking of installing audible floor signals in the main
>elevators of our Library.  However, a couple of residences on campus that
>have audible signals in their elevators have received complaints about the
>noise factor. I'm interested in hearing the experience of people on this
>list whose elevators have this feature - does it add appreciably to the
>noise pollution in your building? Have you had complaints from patrons?
>If so, how have you responded to them?
>
>Thanks very much,
>Athol Gow

******************************
>Athol Gow, Coordinator                          FAX: (519) 836-0435
>Library Centre for Students With Disabilities   PHONE:(519) 824-4120 x2312
>McLaughlin Library                              E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]
>University of Guelph,
>Guelph, Ontario, Canada
>N1G 2W1

Marti Goddard, Access Services Manager