AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"McCandlish, Karen (ETS: Library)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:16:14 -0500
Please forward this to interested women.
KFAI is going to be doing 24 hours of special broadcasting over the internet
for

12th Annual International Women's Day Celebration Wednesday, March 8, 2001
See the webpage for details and schedule
http://www.kfai.org/features/women.htm
<http://www.kfai.org/features/women.htm>

The schedule includes everything from women's rights, single moms,
Filipino-American news, Disabled and Proud, Women's Prison Book Project,
"Big and Beautiful, Fat and Proud"- (Through poetry, story, song and
manifesta, explore our rage, declare our rights and assert our pride and
beauty as fat women, with Mev [who hosts Lesbian Power Authority on KFAI
every Sunday]), International music, Jazz, Blues, African rhythms, "Women
Speak Truth to Power": Speeches, poetry, music, break silences toward
transforming the world, produced and hosted by Lydia Howell, just to name a
few.