BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:08:30 +0200
I help out an organization for the blind and sight-impaired. They have a touch
screen which had been working for some time, but it stopped working. I can't
figure out why.

About a week ago, they asked me to check out the calibration of the screen.
That was supposed to help two problems:

1. The sight-impaired children had to touch the screen very hard, or to touch
it more than once, in order for the mouse pointer to respond.

2. The mouse pointer was never in the correct position. Depending on the
location on the screen, it was from 1-3 cm from the point which the children
touched.

I was not able to handle those problems.

I was then called back again a few days ago, when the touch screen completely
stopped responding. It's still plugged in correctly, and I cannot determine
any
other changes to the system.

Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas about how to handle this problem?

David Grossman

Find out about many moderated e-mail discussion groups on Jewish and Hebrew
topics by sending a blank message to <mailto:[log in to unmask]>