BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Flasar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 19:16:00 EDT
Hi Al,
  Thanks for the even-handed note on business vs. consumers.  I agree that
most  people won't read the fine print but how much of that is due to it
being fine print to begin with?  Every writer knows that readers have to be
coaxed to read and that even  the most willing reader can be put off by bad
presentation - bad fonts, bad colors, bad size, inferior paper.  I often
wondered, before I lost most of my vision, how anybody could get throug a
copy of "Wired" w/o losing *thier* vision.

    And cooperation is always the better way to go.   You mentioned Lynx.
I'm not samiliaer with Lynx nor the format you described.
   And what is the SMIL Format you described?  I appreciate you taking the
tie to help with this.  If you have some websites that explain them, that
would do just as well.

  Thanks,
Dan Flasar
Informatics Core Director
General Clinical REsearch Center
Washington University School of  Medicine
St. Louis, MO