From:
niki foord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 18:59:50 -0500
Lynn, I have been to a Gateway store and I believe it has 2 coolers in the
box plus the heat sink.  You might consider one of the extra after-market
super cooler fans if you are worried.  I have not heard of  any problems of
heat for the Athlons yet.  I will be getting mine for a graduation present
in June :-)  I am hoping the 1G Athlon and the super cooler are available
then.  Check out Gateway's site for specifications.  Personally, I think
you are making a good choice FWIW IMHO.

niki

At 06:16 PM 2/25/2000 , you wrote:
>List members,
>
>We are in the process of scouting out a new computer for an after taxes
>gift for ourselves. I'm looking to stay with Gateway and I'd like to
>here any comments on the AMD Athlon 650 MHz Processor. I've read a review
>saying that this processor gets quite hot. The computer would be used
>everyday and stay on 12 hours or more. I'm concerned that it will burn
>out fast, and we'll end up having to get something else. I'm also looking
>for a computer that can be upgraded say in 2-3 years.
>
>TIA
>Lynn Kucera
>
>                Curious about the people moderating your
>                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html

looks like work." -- Thomas Alva Edison