From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:37:20 -0700
At 11:27 AM 02/09/2000 , Roberto Safora wrote:
>I have PC
>Shuttle Hot 591p V3.1 MOBO, ATI rage II AGP video card, MPE3064 HDD, NIC
>based on chip RTL 8139B.
>I´m having troubles with the network acces, but I realized the IRQ for W98
>is 11 and for the diagnosis programm in the utility disk is 10.
>I dont get to chenge the IRQ neither in w98 resources ( a message warning me
>that this resource can be changed appears) nor with the utility disk( IRQ
>doesnt appear  a changeable )
>The same thing happens in ten PCs we are building.

Since the NIC, (Network Interface Card), does not work with the IRQ,
I believe it probably is not a Plug-N-Play card.  In this case enter into
the BIOS/SETUP area, and manually set the CMOS setting for the slot
to the desired IRQ, in this case IRQ10.  Then Windows will follow the
Bios's instructions and set the card to IRQ10.

Typically, this is more of a problem with ISA cards, but it can happen
with PCI cards also.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: